Today is the last chance not to miss a significant event for the digital and technology industry in Central and Eastern Europe, which takes place on Thursday and Friday in Bucharest.
The new concept of the well-known festival iCEE.fest, now called UPGRADE 100, brings to the capital of Romania over 180 independent experts in the transformations of the Internet and technology as well as global giants of the digital industry.
CAREFUL! There are only 24 hours to book online, the updated agenda being published by the organizers on the official website and the new app of the festival (also available to those who don’t have a ticket).
Here’s what a festival of this type means, with over 10 content lines in AGENDA.
What happens on the first day of the festival, Thursday – June 13?
- Main stage UPGRADE 1 (Day One) includes topics such as MARCOM and Digital Media trends for 2019 and 2020 (from companies such as Verizon Media, The Telegraph, Google, LinkedIn, Accenture and other large companies). Also, there will be special keynotes of Marcus Shingles (former CEO of XPRIZE), David JP Phillips (author of the famous book Death by Powerpoint), psychologist Paul Marsden, or the famous creative Myles Lord (The Service Plan).
A special, cutting-edge moment is dedicated to the impact that Facebook‘s entry into the crypto-coin game, announced for next week, is being analyzed by an expert in the field: Aviv Lichtigstein, 101 Blockchains.
In the evening, the main scene is taken over by the video gaming industry and the presentation of Matthew Santoro, an American youtuber with over 6 million subscribers.
- Main stage UPGRADE 2 is devoted (on the first day) to the more technical area – AI, Robotics, marketing and e-commerce technologies – the moderator being a robot named 3-5CU (Escu).
It is where companies such as UiPath, Thales, Google, Salesforce, iCrossing, and others are presenting. The evening is dedicated to eCommerce trainers and experts with well-known speakers such as Morgens Moller (Sleeknote) or John Ekman (Conversationist).
A special moment on this scene will be the presentation of the FBI agent in cybersecurity Dean Kinsman, a premiere for such events in the region.
- These are more specialized stages. FOCUS 1 is “confiscated” entirely on the first day by Google and Youtube. FOCUS 2 is dedicated to the impact of technology and the blockchain in the financial and banking industry. FOCUS 3 hosts workshops with staring speeches such as Faris and Rosie Yakob (Genius Steals), John Ekman (Conversationist) or Ben Kaplan (PR Hacker). FOCUS 4 analyzes the impact of the Internet on politics, governance, and democracy.
What happens on the second day of the festival, Friday – June 14?
- The main stage UPGRADE 1 starts on the second day with the star of this year’s edition, Singularity University co-founder Salim Ismail – who will give a great presentation, followed by a live interview, public questions and launch the book “Exponential Organizations”, in Romanian.
There will be an intense session with digital transformation experts such as Ashley Benigno (Fjord, an innovation agency bought by Accenture) or the famous futurologist Matthew Griffin (311 Institute).
The afternoon & evening are dedicated to internationally awarded agencies for their creative ideas as well as VR / AR and mixed reality experiments with essential names from Jungle Creations, MullenLowe Profero, TBWA, Unit9, WildBytes, PwC about VR / AR) and Youtube.
- The main stage UPGRADE 2 is dedicated to startups and technology investors. From UiPath‘s success story to exponential growth trainers, continuing with the offer of investment funds and large corporations that want to attract talents, to the demo days and the contest that puts into play a 50,000-euro investment offered by GapMinder.
Startups have another specialized stage on the same day: FOCUS 4, where they will learn how to fund ideas from the European funds’ system and other precious information.
- The other specialized Scenes from Day 2 of the festival are dedicated to Facebook trainings (FOCUS 1 and FOCUS 3), LinkedIn (FOCUS 3), e-Health and Medicine (FOCUS 2) Publishers (FOCUS 1).
Also, this year, the atmosphere at iCEE.fest: UPGRADE 100 will be maintained by the famous British actor Jeff Leach, who became part of the festival’s brand.
IMPORTANT: Online ticket sales will be suspended on Tuesday, June 11th. Details, here.
iCEE.fest: UPGRADE 100 takes place at Grand Cinema & More in Bucharest on Thursday and Friday, June 13th and 14th, for the 8th consecutive year with the support of Orange, Nissan, George / BCR, Coca-Cola, GLO, mPlatform, MedLife, Verizon Media, SalesForce, MedLife, Majoritas Academy and other sponsors.