On April 9th, 2012, Facebook bought Instagram for 1 Billion dollars. It was the first major acquisition for the Internet Giant.
Created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in October 2010, Instagram reaches 400+ million users today, with some Facebook help, of course.
- 40+ billion photos & videos to date
- 80+ million photos & videos a day
- + 50% nonreciprocal relationships
These numbers were presented by Nadine Neubauer. Invited at ICEEfest 2016, the Brand Development Lead @ Instagram (DACH, Nordics and Central Eastern Europe) gave some strong arguments as to why the platform is now the fastest mobile growing network in the world.
When are you using Instagram?
This is one of the big differences against the others social networks: people are on Instagram in the morning and when they go to sleep, at home and even on vacations. There are no major time fluctuations.
“We only need to see an image for 13 miliseconds to identify it. The human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than words. That’s why we can say that Instagram is about visual inspiration”, said Nadine on the ICEEfest stage.
The evolution of Advertising
Lately, Instagram manages to capture brands attention – a logical step if we think about the 400+ million community.
- Instagram connects people with the moments that showcase the experience of your brands
- It’s the people that make this platform so powerful
- The people and the brands create the content for Instagram.
For details about how Instagram can have a strong impact on your brand or what are the platform’s community interests – watch Nadine Neubauer’s presentation @ ICEEfest 2016:
How can you get access?
- If you have a valid ticket for ICEEfest 2016:
- Send us an email at email@example.com and you’ll receive your password in 1 hour or less.
- If you don’t have a ticket for ICEEfest 2016:
For any other question please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply in 1 hour or less.
For other great keynotes from ICEEfest ’16, please check out ICEE Academy. We’re working hard to upload the best of them (almost) every day now… so stay tuned!