More than 140 digital and tech experts, book authors and digital professionals will take the stages of iCEE.fest: UPGRADE 100 on June, 13 and 14, 2019.
11 content tracks and trends will be covered this year – you can discover the speakers we confirmed for each one by clicking the following links:
DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION| ADVERTISING & MARCOM| CREATIVITY & EXPERIENTIAL| AI & ROBOTICS| eCOMMERCE & RETAIL| DIGITAL CONTENT & ADTECH| FINTECH & eMONEY| eHEALTH & MEDTECH| TECH & DEMOCRACY| STARTUPS & INVESTMENTS| VIDEO GAMING & ENTERTAINMENT
And because we can all agree that there is nothing more important than our health, it is only natural that the festival focuses on this stream again. This year, the eHEALTH and MEDTECH content stream is presented in partnership with MSL – The Practice.
So here’s the eHEALTH line-up:
Walter Greenleaf, Stanford University, Expert on the Medical Applications of Virtual Reality Technology
With over three decades of research and development experience in the field of digital medicine and medical virtual reality technology, Walter is considered a leading authority in the field.
Dr. Greenleaf has designed and developed numerous clinical systems over the last thirty-three years, including products in the fields of:
- surgical simulation and 3D medical visualization
- tele rehabilitation, clinical informatics and clinical decision support
- point-of-care clinical data collection
- ergonomic evaluation technology
- automatic sleep-staging systems
- psychophysiological assessment
- simulation-assisted rehabilitation technologies, as well as products for behavioral medicine.
You can discover more about Dr. Greenleaf’s here.
Dr. Nick Guldemond, professor Integrated care and technology at Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
Throughout his career, he worked as a clinical researcher on various clinical and biotechnological research projects and was involved in international programs regarding clinical innovation and medical technology.
He is a key expert on eHealth and integrated care for various governments, various national/regional eHealth institutes NHS UK, NHS Scotland, Norway, China, Poland, Germany, Belgium as well as multinational companies in Pharma, international NGO’s, multi-nationals, health IT and finance, as well as health start-ups.
- He was architect of the national eHealth and Big Data strategy
- Guldemond is coordinator of EU EIP on Healthy and Active Ageing and member of the ISO Strategic Advisory Group on Ageing Societies.
Dr. Guldemond is architect of the national eHealth implementation research agenda and health track leader of the big data alliance, on behalf of the Netherlands Federation of University Medical Centres (NFU).
Jurriaan van Rijswijk, founder and chairman of the Games for Health Europe Foundation
He is an entrepreneur and serious game designer for 23 years and won the ICT Personality of the Year Award in the Netherlands in 2014.
With his GameSolutionsLab studio in Eindhoven he designs, develops and publish behavior change interventions using clinically and scientifically-validated games. The games have won various awards.
- Games for Health Europe Foundation is the worldwide co-creation network for research, development and implementation of games within the health ecosystem
- They bring together the best minds in game development and healthcare to develop game technologies that improve health and the delivery of healthcare.
Zain Rana, co-founder @ Pharmeum in 2017, after 6 years of managing private clinics in the UK, and working on Blockchain Architecture
Since then, he has been chosen as a keynote speaker across the globe, successfully adopted Pharmeum’s first working product in the UK and created a live Blockchain MVP product.
Pharmeum allows doctors, pharmacies, regulators, and patients to coexist in an ecosystem powered by honesty. Doctors’ prescription histories are available at will and patients’ health history can be monitored to prevent incorrect medication or dosage instructions.
Pharmeum has demonstrated a tremendous amount of traction and growth for the past 2 years, and is set to become one of the most revolutionary HealthTech projects.
- Pharmeum has won multiple awards and is the world’s first Blockchain and AI solution to enable access to digital Healthcare globally.
Vince Madai, a senior Medical AI researcher at the Charité Berlin (“Predictive Modelling in Medicine” research group)
He studied medicine at the Charité and medical ethics at the University of Mainz, Germany, and at McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
He received both his medical doctorate and his Ph.D. in medical neuroscience from Charité . Having specialized in machine learning and data science he is now bridging the worlds of medicine and machine learning for the improvement of stroke prevention and treatment.
Vince is an AI expert of the Good Technology Collective (GTC) think tank, he is an associate editor of the interdisciplinary Delphi Journal and the organizer of the “Machine Learning in Healthcare” meetup in Berlin.
Xavier Palomer, CEO at Psious
Psious offers its users with virtual reality technologies for psychology. It is a behavioral health technology company whose main product is the PsiousToolsuite, a virtual reality platform aimed at bringing value to mental health treatment.
- The platform provides mental health professionals with animated and live environments which they can use in their clinical practices.
The various scenarios provided within the platform comprises a wide range of resources that are employed for the treatment of anxiety disorders, fears, and phobias, as well as for the practice of mindfulness and relaxation techniques.
The Psious platform offers the benefits of Virtual Reality quickly and easily, through your own smartphone and VR glasses, with no need for costly or complex equipment investments. Psious is easy to use and does not require professional installation or technical expertise.
Alexandru Popescu, Market Leader CEE Health Systems at Philips
Alexandru Popescu has an extensive professional experience in management and in the healthcare field.
He held leading positions in several companies in the health industry since 2003, with both national and regional responsibilities in South-East Europe.
- He joined Philips in June 2014 as General Manager of the Health Systems Division for South East Europe (SEE)
- In February 2016 he was promoted as CEO of Philips in SEE
- In 2017, he took on the role of Market Leader in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) for the company’s Health Systems business which covers 19 countries in the region.
Three main elements that define his career are leadership, a modern view on management based on the concept of continuous change, and his positive energy.
Through previous roles that he held, but particularly within Philips, Alexandru Popescu has developed a participatory style of coordination, leading teams to achieve great performance through collaboration and commitment for common goals.
Alexandru Popescu graduated the Faculty of Law at the University of Bucharest and he has a Master of Business Administration from the University of Ottawa.